Computers and technology are a huge part of life today. Through our teaching at Our Lady of Mount Carmel we equip children with the knowledge and skills to interact with technology effectively and safety. The children have access to laptops and iPads within the classroom to enable technology to be used to enhance learning across the curriculum.
Through delivery of the National Curriculum, we aim to:
- Provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable curriculum for all pupils which develops skills, knowledge and understanding in strands of Computer Science, Information Technology and Digital Literacy
- Use computing as a tool to enhance learning throughout the curriculum
- To respond to new developments in technology
- To equip pupils with the confidence and capability to use computing throughout their later life
- To develop the understanding of how to use computing safely and responsibly
National Curriculum Computing Programme of Study: