Our geography curriculum is designed to help pupils to develop an interest in and understanding of the world, the United Kingdom and our locality through exploration of physical and human geography, map work and fieldwork. We deliver our geography curriculum through carefully planned thematic topics which enable skills, knowledge and understanding to build and develop across the school.
Through our curriculum, we aim to:
– develop an understanding of geographical similarities and differences between different places
– use maps to locate continents, countries, oceans, rivers and climate zones
– explore the impact of physical geography
– develop a broad geographical vocabulary
– use simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the geography of their school and its grounds and the key human and physical features of its surrounding environment including devising own maps
We also nurture a love of geography through our Eco-Council and a wide variety of enrichment activities (see year group enrichment maps).
Geography Programmes of Study: