PSHE & RSE
Through our PSHE programme, we strive to meet the individual needs of every child spiritually, intellectually and socially, in their growth towards becoming independent and responsible members of our school community and society. We have also adopted the ‘Life to the Full’ Scheme of work in Relationships Education for Catholic Primary Schools which embraces and fulfils the new statutory curriculum.
In PSHE we aim to:
- develop confidence and responsibilities and make the most of each child’s abilities, through recognising their own worth
- develop a sense of self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem
- work well with others
- prepare to play an active role as citizens in a diverse society
- develop a healthy, safe lifestyle with the ability to make appropriate risk assessments
- develop good relationships and respect the differences between members of the school and the wider community
- teach children about their rights and responsibilities
- make a positive contribution to the life of the school and the wider community
- develop an appreciation of what it means to be a positive member of a diverse and multicultural society.
We also deliver regular whole class Thrive sessions to further develop children’s awareness of the importance of mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
National Curriculum PSHE programme of Study: