PSHE & RSE
Through our PSHE programme, we strive to meet the individual needs of every child spiritually, intellectually and socially, in their growth towards becoming independent and responsible members of our school community and society. We have also adopted the ‘Life to the Full’ Scheme of work in Relationships Education for Catholic Primary Schools which embraces and fulfils the new statutory curriculum.
In PSHE we aim to:
- develop confidence and responsibilities and make the most of each child’s abilities, through recognising their own worth
- develop a sense of self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem
- work well with others
- prepare to play an active role as citizens in a diverse society
- develop a healthy, safe lifestyle with the ability to make appropriate risk assessments
- develop good relationships and respect the differences between members of the school and the wider community
- teach children about their rights and responsibilities
- make a positive contribution to the life of the school and the wider community
- develop an appreciation of what it means to be a positive member of a diverse and multicultural society.
We also deliver regular whole class Thrive sessions to further develop children’s awareness of the importance of mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
National Curriculum PSHE programme of Study:
As a new statutory curriculum subject, Relationship and Health Education, we are pleased to let you know that our school has decided to adopt the programme, Life to the Full, produced by the Catholic educational organisation, Ten Ten Resources.
The Life to the Full programme is based on the structure of ‘A Model Catholic RSE Curriculum’ by the Catholic Education Service. This model curriculum was highlighted as a work of good practice by the Department of Education so we therefore have confidence that the programme will be fit for purpose in supporting the growth and development of your child.
Life to the Full is much more than a series of lessons. It is an entire platform of creative resources that will engage, inform and inspire our children and, indeed, you as parents. This includes interactive video content, story-based activities, employing a wide range of teaching tools, original worship music and an accompanying programme of classroom prayers. Please watch the parent information Powerpoint for more details:
Please see our RHE Policy below:
Mindfulness activities for home learning 🙂
The Mentally Healthy Schools Platform
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXEeAXywCY Relaxation music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZKK7K52uQ Relaxation music
https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga Cosmic Kids Yoga