A lovely story to share with children:
- Home activity packs
- Parent help sheet
- Help and advice for families in a digital world
- Parental survey
We would love to see children completing their work at home and would love to hear from you. Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org and they can be forwarded to us directly. Happy learning 🙂
Suggested home learning activities
Our topic this half-term is This Is Me and Nursery Rhymes
- The Oak National Academy is an online platform funded by the Department for Education, launched to help support parents with home learning. Parents and children can access 180 lessons per week for every year group from Reception through to Year 10. Follow the link for supporting reception aged children with more home learning ideas: https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/reception#subjects
Literacy suggested ideas:
- Remember to have a go at reading some of your own books at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Mr Thorne Does Phonics (Phase 2 focus please): https://www.youtube.com/user/breakthruchris
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcZnvuTeovlznioLRo0GOA MR MC Early Years/Key stage 1 teacher who undertakes daily phonic sessions.
- (See above)
Maths: Updated weekly- a great resource to use with your child
- https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ – FANTASTIC FREE ONLINE MATHS LESSONS – (these are updated weekly)
- ELG Maths home learning Please click on the link to download resources to use at home.
- Discovery Education https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/what-we-offer/discovery-education-espresso user-student31678 / password-pupilmc
- Discovery Education https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/what-we-offer/discovery-education-espresso user-student31678 / password-pupilmc -search dinosaurs to find lots of videos and activities for your child.
- Autumn walk/hunt
- Pinterest is great for fine motor activity ideas that are easy to recreate at home- Click for link
- Joe Wicks daily morning workouts- live at 9am Mon-Fri: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- People Who Help Us home learning ideas -Click for link
- People Who Help Us information PPT -Click for link
General learning links:
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize daily lessons are provided
- t-tp-2549368-eyfs-school-closure-interactive-learning-links_ver_3- Interactive learning links
- Easter Home learning pack Please click on the link to download resources to use at home.
Suggested Instagram links:
A Parents’ Guide to the Early Learning Goals:
A Parents’ Guide to Maths Mastery:
Reading and Phonics
Every child receives a daily phonics session in which they are taught to read and write.
Maths Calculation Policies
Please find below our school calculation policy for each of the four operations. Each policy covers both the mental and written strategies taught in each year group. Whilst the documents show the strategies used across all year groups to enable you to see how children will progress, please focus on the strategies used in your child’s current year group. The calculation policy has been designed to develop children’s conceptual understanding of each operation and as such we ask that children are not taught strategies which are used by children further up the school.