School Tour for Reception and Year 1 children returning on 8.6.20
A lovely story to share with children:
- Home activity packs
- Parent help sheet
- Help and advice for families in a digital world
- Parental survey
Home Learning for Summer 2 2020
We would love to see children completing their work at home and would love to hear from you. Please send this to email@example.com and they can be forwarded to us directly. Happy learning 🙂
Suggested home learning activities for the week commencing 29.6.20
Our topic this half-term is Dinosaurs.
- Maths focus- Number ordering to 20 and one more and one less
- Espresso Education – Log in details as follows…student31678 / password-pupilmc . Please explore the Dinosaur materials- Foundation- World- Dinosaurs.
- Complete an interactive phonic activity each day where possible (eg. PhonicsPlay- Buried Treasure). Please access the Jolly Phonics songs and Epic Phonics songs on YouTube. Please also see updated phonics activities which are displayed below.
- Dinosaur simple sentence writing
- Can you make a dinosaur using recycled materials? Please send pictures off your masterpieces to the school office email so we get to see your artwork 🙂
- Complete a simple fact file using keywords about a dinosaur. At school we are going to find facts about a T-Rex by watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_dOScj9FU
- Dinosaur fact file
- The Oak National Academy is an online platform funded by the Department for Education, launched to help support parents with home learning. Parents and children can access 180 lessons per week for every year group from Reception through to Year 10. Follow the link for supporting reception aged children with more home learning ideas: https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/reception#subjects
Listen to the story Tyrannosaurus Drip:
Literacy suggested ideas:
- Go to the class pages to see Miss Goode, Mrs Gurr and Mrs Kitching reading stories.
- Remember to have a go at reading some of your own books at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Mr Thorne Does Phonics (Phase 3 focus please): https://www.youtube.com/user/breakthruchris
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcZnvuTeovlznioLRo0GOA MR MC Early Years/Key stage 1 teacher who undertakes daily phonic sessions.
- (See above)
Maths: Updated weekly- a great resource to use with your child
- https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ – FANTASTIC FREE ONLINE MATHS LESSONS – (these are updated weekly)
- ELG Maths home learning Please click on the link to download resources to use at home.
- Discovery Education https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/what-we-offer/discovery-education-espresso user-student31678 / password-pupilmc
- Discovery Education https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/what-we-offer/discovery-education-espresso user-student31678 / password-pupilmc -search dinosaurs to find lots of videos and activities for your child.
- Play Andy’s Dinosaur Adventures Game- https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/games/andys-dinosaur-adventures-game
- Take part in Andy’s Dinosaur Quiz- https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/puzzles/dinosaur-quiz?collection=exciting-wildlife-adventures-and-dinosaur-fun
Pinterest is great for fine motor activity ideas that are easy to recreate at home- Click for link
Joe Wicks daily morning workouts- live at 9am Mon-Fri: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
People Who Help Us home learning ideas -Click for link
People Who Help Us information PPT -Click for link
General learning links:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize daily lessons are provided
Easter Home learning pack Please click on the link to download resources to use at home.
Suggested Instagram links:
Reception Curriculum Map 2019-2020
Summer 1 Topic Map
Spring 2 Topic Map
Spring 1 Topic Map
Autumn 2 Topic Map
Autumn 1 Topic Map
A Parents’ Guide to the Early Learning Goals:
A Parents’ Guide to Maths Mastery:
Reading and Phonics
Every child receives a daily phonics session in which they are taught to read and write.
Maths Calculation Policies
Please find below our school calculation policy for each of the four operations. Each policy covers both the mental and written strategies taught in each year group. Whilst the documents show the strategies used across all year groups to enable you to see how children will progress, please focus on the strategies used in your child’s current year group. The calculation policy has been designed to develop children’s conceptual understanding of each operation and as such we ask that children are not taught strategies which are used by children further up the school.