Year 1 Long Term Plan:
Autumn 2 First Half Term MTP Re/Literacy/Numeracy/Topic
Autumn 1 First Half Term MTP Re/Literacy/Numeracy/Topic
- Home activity packs
- Parent help sheet
- Help and advice for families in a digital world
- Parental survey
The following websites contain useful information for you and your child during the period of school closure.
Mr Thorne does phonics
Phonics Screening Check Past Papers
FANTASTIC FREE ONLINE MATHS LESSONS – https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
https://www.ncetm.org.uk/resources/48209 – a selection of lesson videos showing how a selection of concepts are taught in school.
https://nrich.maths.org/ – a selection of mathematical activities to challenge children
https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/Primary/Mathematics/AllMathematicsresources/Power-Maths/Buy/view-all-products-and-buy.aspx – Power Maths is a resource used by teachers in school to plan and resource lessons. Textbooks are £6.99 each and children’s workbooks are £1.99 each. The mathematics curriculum for each stage is split across three textbooks and three workbooks; A, B and C.
|Key Stage 2||Key Stage 1|
|Stage 4 (Year4)||Stage 3 (Year3)||Stage 2 (Year2)||Stage 1 (Year1)|
https://ttrockstars.com/ – children’s logins can be found in their HSL books.
Maths – Consolidation of previous learning: Addition and Subtraction
Below are links to Powerpoints and activity sheets that are designed around the Teaching for Mastery approach adopted by our school. These activities will compliment the teaching and learning that has been taking place in classrooms. Where resources are required we recommend using household objects such as buttons.
A Year 1 lesson on difference as a form of subtraction – NCETM Part 1 (Click accept cookies to view the selection of short videos).
Powerpoints and Activities:
Recommended Stories For Yr 1 to Share at Home:
Science at home resources:
Ogden Trust resources – for example Phizzi Problem solving, Phizzi practicals etc www.ogdentrust.com/resources
– Marvin and Milo experiments – http://www.physics.org/marvinandmilo.asp
– Science Museum resources – eg Rocket mice etc – https://learning-resources.sciencemuseum.org.uk/resources/?keystage=ks2&type=at-home
– 101 experiments on Sublime science site – www.sublimescience.com/free-science-experiments/
– ASE great bug hunt (fun whether competition runs or not?) – http://www.schoolscience.co.uk/bughunt
– Science Sparks – www.science-sparks.com/science-experiments-for-kids/
– WhizzPopBang magazine – www.whizzpopbang.com – maybe now’s the time to get some back issues!
– BP resources – https://bpes.bp.com/resources/list