There are some children that are still not secure in reading and spelling the year 1 Common Exception Words. Please practice reading and writing these and then go onto learning the year 2 words.
We cannot express how important it is for your children to know how to count in 2/3/5/10’s, this includes knowing their multiplication facts for these numbers. If you would like a copy of these posters please let your class teacher know.
RE/Literacy/Maths/Topic Spring 1 2022
RE/ Literacy/Maths/ Topic Autumn 2 2021
RE LTP 2021-2022
RE/Maths/Lit/Topic Autumn 1
- Home activity packs
- Parent help sheet
- Help and advice for families in a digital world
- Parental survey
Websites that will be useful:
#OnlineSafetyAtHome from ThinkUKnow
- FANTASTIC FREE ONLINE MATHS LESSONS – https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- Twinkl have a free month when you sign up and there are fantastic resources for home learning. (Please look for appropriate material e.g ‘Year 2 comprehension/ Y2 SPAG mats/ Y2 maths activity mats/ phase 5 phonics activities. SPAG – Look at nouns/adjectives/adverbs/verbs/suffixes. Maths – measure and capacity and statistics (bar charts etc)Money/ Time (O’clock/ half past/ quarters) and Shapes/symmetry. Multiplication and division in word problems and number bonds to 20 and 100.
- Twinkl Home learning packs.. these are amazing!!!! Links below
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/send-school-closure-home-learning-resource-pack-t-s-2548769 (SEND)
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub – Love this!! (Home learning activities set by timetable)
- Classroom Secrets have a free subscription to download appropriate home resources too.
- https://whiterosemaths.com/ – Amazing maths resources with videos. This will be available from 23rd March.
- Phonics play have lots of fun games to play (Phase 3/5 and 6). https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ Make a free account to access some materials.
- Nessy reading club – Please feel free to continue this at home, please contact the office if you cannot log on.
- Spelling shed and Maths shed are great for home learning too and have 14 day free trials make the most of these!
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html – Literacy shed is great for writing stimulus, lots of different types of resources. Watch the videos/ stories etc and look at the teaching ideas underneath. Get your children to write character descriptions/ setting descriptions/ retell the story in their own words/ write diary entries and letters. Get them writing!
- https://www.ncetm.org.uk – Maths
- https://nrich.maths.org/ – a selection of mathematical activities to challenge children
- www.discoveryeducation.co.ukUsername: student31678Password: pupilmc
Science at home resources:
Ogden Trust resources – for example Phizzi Problem solving, Phizzi practicals etc www.ogdentrust.com/resources
– Marvin and Milo experiments – http://www.physics.org/marvinandmilo.asp
– Science Museum resources – eg Rocket mice etc – https://learning-resources.sciencemuseum.org.uk/resources/?keystage=ks2&type=at-home
– 101 experiments on Sublime science site – www.sublimescience.com/free-science-experiments/
– ASE great bug hunt (fun whether competition runs or not?) – http://www.schoolscience.co.uk/bughunt
– Science Sparks – www.science-sparks.com/science-experiments-for-kids/
– WhizzPopBang magazine – www.whizzpopbang.com – maybe now’s the time to get some back issues!
– BP resources – https://bpes.bp.com/resources/list
Maths Calculation Policy