Please keep your eye on this page as Miss Thompson & Mr Scott will be regularly uploading new work for home. There are many websites etc below so keep using all of those, but we will also be uploading some of the work we would have been completing if we were in school.
We would love to see the children completing their work at home and would love to hear updates from you. Please send this to email@example.com and they can be forwarded to us directly.
Please see below for WEEK 2 & 3 home learning –
Year 2 daily phonics sessions:
Home learning NNS – Phonics daily sessions (click the link and it will open in PPT, work your way through these, we will keep adding lessons to this.)
Mixed learning activity pack (Maths (separate from set maths lessons below), SPAG, Reading – work your way through all these activities)
Year 2 Maths lessons (updated weekly):
You will see the PDF version of the child’s worksheet to complete with a link (please click) to open the supporting powerpoint teaching presentation. Please work through the PPT and it will show you when to complete the questions on the worksheet.
L1 Equivalence of half and two quarters L1 Equivalence of half and two quarters L2 Find three quarters L2 Find three quarters L3 Count edges on 3D shapes L3 Count edges on 3D shapes L4 Count vertices on 3D shapes L4 Vertices on 3D shapes
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is keeping well and washing their hands lots! We are already missing you all and hoping you are working hard at home.We hope to see you all again very soon. Below are lots of ideas for activities to help you with your home learning.
In case of school closure, we are preparing a project that children can do at home linked to our topic/literacy.
Project: Research a penguin. (Look at their habitat/ diet etc) and create a report/poster detailing key facts about them. This will help with our literacy topic! Find as many interesting facts as you can!
Websites that will be useful:
- #OnlineSafetyAtHome from ThinkUKnow
- Twinkl have a free month when you sign up and there are fantastic resources for home learning. (Please look for appropriate material e.g ‘Year 2 comprehension/ Y2 SPAG mats/ Y2 maths activity mats/ phase 5 phonics activities. SPAG – Look at nouns/adjectives/adverbs/verbs/suffixes. Maths – measure and capacity and statistics (bar charts etc)Money/ Time (O’clock/ half past/ quarters) and Shapes/symmetry. Multiplication and division in word problems and number bonds to 20 and 100.
- Twinkl Home learning packs.. these are amazing!!!! Links below
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/send-school-closure-home-learning-resource-pack-t-s-2548769 (SEND)
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub – Love this!! (Home learning activities set by timetable)
- Classroom Secrets have a free subscription to download appropriate home resources too.
- https://whiterosemaths.com/ – Amazing maths resources with videos. This will be available from 23rd March.
- Phonics play have lots of fun games to play (Phase 3/5 and 6). https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ Make a free account to access some materials.
- Nessy reading club – Please feel free to continue this at home, please contact the office if you cannot log on.
- Spelling shed and Maths shed are great for home learning too and have 14 day free trials make the most of these!
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html – Literacy shed is great for writing stimulus, lots of different types of resources. Watch the videos/ stories etc and look at the teaching ideas underneath. Get your children to write character descriptions/ setting descriptions/ retell the story in their own words/ write diary entries and letters. Get them writing!
- https://www.ncetm.org.uk – Maths
- https://nrich.maths.org/ – a selection of mathematical activities to challenge children
- www.discoveryeducation.co.ukUsername: student31678Password: pupilmc
Science at home resources:
Ogden Trust resources – for example Phizzi Problem solving, Phizzi practicals etc www.ogdentrust.com/resources
– Marvin and Milo experiments – http://www.physics.org/marvinandmilo.asp
– Science Museum resources – eg Rocket mice etc – https://learning-resources.sciencemuseum.org.uk/resources/?keystage=ks2&type=at-home
– 101 experiments on Sublime science site – www.sublimescience.com/free-science-experiments/
– ASE great bug hunt (fun whether competition runs or not?) – http://www.schoolscience.co.uk/bughunt
– Science Sparks – www.science-sparks.com/science-experiments-for-kids/
– WhizzPopBang magazine – www.whizzpopbang.com – maybe now’s the time to get some back issues!
– BP resources – https://bpes.bp.com/resources/list
firstname.lastname@example.org – Please contact if needed and check in with us!
Spellings – Please see the Year 2 mandatory common exception words and practice these. (Children need to be able to read AND spell all of these words)
Reading – Look for reading comprehensions available on Twinkl and read lots of stories! (When reading focus on inference questions you can find examples of these on twinkl and the handouts we provided at parents evening and focus on predictions).
Times tables – Please learn your 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables while you have the time.
For anyone who has not received a home learning pack. Please see below for the PDF form.
Recommended Stories For Year 2 To Share At Home:
Maths – Consolidation of previous learning: Addition and Subtraction.
Below are links to Powerpoints and activity sheets that are designed around the Teaching for Mastery approach adopted by our school. These activities will compliment the teaching and learning that has been taking place in classrooms. Where resources are required we recommend using household objects such as buttons.
Activity: Y2 Autumn Block 2 WO4 Related facts 2019
NCETM Key Stage 1 Division using sharing and grouping
Maths Calculation Policy