- Home activity packs
- Parent help sheet
- Help and advice for families in a digital world
- Parental survey
We would love to see the children completing their work at home and would love to hear updates from you. Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org and they can be forwarded to us directly.
Week 10 Home learning -W.b 8th June
Lesson 1 Answers Find the total 2019 Lesson 1 Find the total 2019 Lesson 2 Answers Find the difference 2019 Lesson 2 Find the difference 2019 Lesson 3 Answers Find change 2019 Lesson 3 Find change 2019 Lesson 4 Answers Two-step problems 2019 Lesson 4 Two-step problems 2019 Y2 Week 7 Alternative Plan
Week 9 Home learning – W.b 1st June
Lesson 1 – The 10 times-table 2019 Lesson 1 Answers – The 10 times-table 2019 Lesson 2 – Make equal groups – sharing 2019 Lesson 2 Answers – Make equal groups – sharing 2019 Lesson 3 – Make equal groups – grouping 2019 Lesson 3 Answers – Make equal groups – grouping 2019 Lesson 4 – Odd and even numbers 2019 Lesson 4 Answers – Odd and even numbers 2019
Week 7 Home learning – W.b 18th May
Home learning NNS – Daily phonics lessons
Lesson 1 – Multiplication sentences using the x symbol 2019 Lesson 1 Answers – Multiplication sentences using the x symbol 2019 Lesson 2 – Use arrays 2019 Lesson 2 Answers – Use arrays 2019 Lesson 3 – The 2 times-table 2019 Lesson 3 Answers – The 2 times-table 2019 Lesson 4 – The 5 times-table 2019 Lesson 4 Answers – The 5 times-table 2019
Week 6 Home learning – W.b 11th May
Home learning NNS – Daily phonics lessons
Lesson-1-Add-and-subtract-10s-2019 Lesson-1-Answers-Add-and-subtract-10s-2019 Lesson-2-Add-2-digit-numbers-2-2019 Lesson-2-Answers-Add-2-digit-numbers-2-2019 Lesson-3-Answers-Subtract-2-digit-numbers-2-2019 Lesson-3-Subtract-2-digit-numbers-2-2019 Lesson-4-Answers-Bonds-to-100-tens-and-ones-2019 Lesson-4-Bonds-to-100-tens-and-ones-2019
Week 5 Home learning – W.b 4th May
Lesson 1 Fact families – addition and subtraction bonds to 20 2019 Lesson 2 Compare number sentences 2019 Lesson 3 Related facts 2019 Lesson 4 Add and subtract 1s Lesson 1 Answers Fact families – addition and subtraction bonds to 20 2019 Lesson 2 Answers Compare number sentences 2019 Lesson 3 Answers Related facts 2019 Lesson 4 Answers Add and subtract 1s
Year 2 daily phonics sessions:
Home learning NNS – Phonics daily sessions
Week 4 Home learning – W.b 27th April
Week 4 Maths lessons – W.b 27th April
Lesson-1-Answers-Compare-lengths-2019 Lesson-1-Compare-lengths-2019 Lesson-2-Answers-Order-lengths-2019 Lesson-2-Order-lengths-2019 Lesson-3-Answers-Four-operations-with-lengths-2019 Lesson-3-Four-operations-with-lengths-2019 Lesson-4-Answers-Problem-Solving-2 Lesson-4-Problem-Solving-2
Week 3 Home learning
Week 3 tasks – Home learning (Click the link to open week 3 home learning tasks)
Week 3 maths lessons for home learning
Mixed learning activity pack (work your way through all these activities)
Year 2 Previous Maths lessons:
You will see the PDF version of the child’s worksheet to complete with a link (please click) to open the supporting powerpoint teaching presentation. Please work through the PPT and it will show you when to complete the questions on the worksheet.
L1 Equivalence of half and two quarters L1 Equivalence of half and two quarters L2 Find three quarters L2 Find three quarters L3 Count edges on 3D shapes L3 Count edges on 3D shapes L4 Count vertices on 3D shapes L4 Vertices on 3D shapes
In case of school closure, we are preparing a project that children can do at home linked to our topic/literacy.
Project: Research a penguin. (Look at their habitat/ diet etc) and create a report/poster detailing key facts about them. This will help with our literacy topic! Find as many interesting facts as you can!
Websites that will be useful:
#OnlineSafetyAtHome from ThinkUKnow
- FANTASTIC FREE ONLINE MATHS LESSONS – https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- Twinkl have a free month when you sign up and there are fantastic resources for home learning. (Please look for appropriate material e.g ‘Year 2 comprehension/ Y2 SPAG mats/ Y2 maths activity mats/ phase 5 phonics activities. SPAG – Look at nouns/adjectives/adverbs/verbs/suffixes. Maths – measure and capacity and statistics (bar charts etc)Money/ Time (O’clock/ half past/ quarters) and Shapes/symmetry. Multiplication and division in word problems and number bonds to 20 and 100.
- Twinkl Home learning packs.. these are amazing!!!! Links below
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/send-school-closure-home-learning-resource-pack-t-s-2548769 (SEND)
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub – Love this!! (Home learning activities set by timetable)
- Classroom Secrets have a free subscription to download appropriate home resources too.
- https://whiterosemaths.com/ – Amazing maths resources with videos. This will be available from 23rd March.
- Phonics play have lots of fun games to play (Phase 3/5 and 6). https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ Make a free account to access some materials.
- Nessy reading club – Please feel free to continue this at home, please contact the office if you cannot log on.
- Spelling shed and Maths shed are great for home learning too and have 14 day free trials make the most of these!
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html – Literacy shed is great for writing stimulus, lots of different types of resources. Watch the videos/ stories etc and look at the teaching ideas underneath. Get your children to write character descriptions/ setting descriptions/ retell the story in their own words/ write diary entries and letters. Get them writing!
- https://www.ncetm.org.uk – Maths
- https://nrich.maths.org/ – a selection of mathematical activities to challenge children
- www.discoveryeducation.co.ukUsername: student31678Password: pupilmc
Science at home resources:
Ogden Trust resources – for example Phizzi Problem solving, Phizzi practicals etc www.ogdentrust.com/resources
– Marvin and Milo experiments – http://www.physics.org/marvinandmilo.asp
– Science Museum resources – eg Rocket mice etc – https://learning-resources.sciencemuseum.org.uk/resources/?keystage=ks2&type=at-home
– 101 experiments on Sublime science site – www.sublimescience.com/free-science-experiments/
– ASE great bug hunt (fun whether competition runs or not?) – http://www.schoolscience.co.uk/bughunt
– Science Sparks – www.science-sparks.com/science-experiments-for-kids/
– WhizzPopBang magazine – www.whizzpopbang.com – maybe now’s the time to get some back issues!
– BP resources – https://bpes.bp.com/resources/list
email@example.com – Please contact if needed and check in with us!
Spellings – Please see the Year 2 mandatory common exception words and practice these. (Children need to be able to read AND spell all of these words)
Reading – Look for reading comprehensions available on Twinkl and read lots of stories! (When reading focus on inference questions you can find examples of these on twinkl and the handouts we provided at parents evening and focus on predictions).
Times tables – Please learn your 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables while you have the time.
For anyone who has not received a home learning pack. Please see below for the PDF form.
Recommended Stories For Year 2 To Share At Home:
Maths – Consolidation of previous learning: Addition and Subtraction.
Below are links to Powerpoints and activity sheets that are designed around the Teaching for Mastery approach adopted by our school. These activities will compliment the teaching and learning that has been taking place in classrooms. Where resources are required we recommend using household objects such as buttons.
Activity: Y2 Autumn Block 2 WO4 Related facts 2019
NCETM Key Stage 1 Division using sharing and grouping
Maths Calculation Policy