Welcome to Class RN!
This half term we will be learning about Ourselves and Harvest.
Each week we will carry out activities based around our topic in the following areas:
- The Prime Areas: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Physical Development
- The Specific Areas: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design
- We also have daily Phonics sessions.
Below are some examples of the activities the children will be doing this half term:
For your information:
- PE day is Friday- please ensure PE kit is in school and hair is tied back.
- Children require a Wild Woods kit every Tuesday.
- Please ensure that you write in your child’s Home School Link book every time they read their book- we will change their book when they have read it at least 3 times at home.
- Please continue to practice the Phase 2 sounds with your children at home, along with the high frequency and tricky words. We are currently learning our Phase 3 sounds and tricky words- please begin to practice these too! The children love Mr Thorne on YouTube, he has videos on all of the Phase 2 and 3 sounds.
- We write in precursive handwriting, the more practice the children get the better! (You can find the letters in their Home School Link book).
- Marvellous Me box- Children need to fill the box with their special things (they will share these with the class). Please return the box to school as soon as they have filled it.
- Billy the Bear- Please take pictures of some of the things Billy gets up to whilst he is with you. We suggest that the children keep him for around 1 week.