Welcome to Class RG!
Reception Curriculum <- Click here for Reception Curriculum information.
We are looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you. We know you will love your time in Reception as we have so many fun things planned!
This half-term our topics are ‘This Is Me’ and ‘Nursery Rhymes’. We can’t wait to get started and to learn all about what makes you, you! We will be reading the story Giraffes Can’t Dance and looking at the differences within ourselves and all of the things you are good at. We will be singing lots of nursery rhymes, so please tell us if you have a favourite.
Please look out for a Facebook post on Friday!
Each week we will carry out activities based around our topic in the following areas:
- The Prime Areas: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Physical Development
- The Specific Areas: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design
- We also have daily Phonics sessions.
For your information:
- Please ensure ALL of your child’s clothes are labelled (including Forest School kit, PE kit and coats).
- PE day is Thursday- Children will come to school dressed in PE attire.
- Children require a Wild Woods kit every Monday.
- Please ensure that you write in your child’s Reading Record book every time they read their book- we will take the books in on a Friday to quarantine and will hand a new one out again on a Monday.
- Please continue to practice the Phase 2 sounds with your child at home, along with the high frequency and tricky words. We are currently learning our Phase 2 sounds and tricky words- please begin to practice these too! The children love Mr Thorne on YouTube, he has videos on all of the Phase 2 and 3 sounds. There are also videos below to help children with phonics.
- We write in precursive handwriting, the more practice the children get the better! You can find the letters below: