RG Class Page
Welcome to Class RG!
This half term we will be learning about Winter and Celebrations.
Each week we will carry out activities based around our topic in the following areas:
- The Prime Areas: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Physical Development
- The Specific Areas: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design
- We also have daily Phonics sessions.
Below are some examples of the activities the children will be doing this half term:
This is a very exciting half term for Reception as they will be performing The Nursery Rhyme Nativity for their family. The date for this is: 12th December 2018 at 9.30am.
Costumes need to be in school by 28th November 2018.
The children are looking forward to their trip to Smart Trees on 17th December 2018. Please ensure slips are returned by 30th November 2018.
For your information:
- PE day is Friday- please ensure PE kit is in school and hair is tied back.
- Children require a Muddy Monday kit every Monday.
- Please ensure that you write in your child’s Home School Link book every time they read- we will change their book when they have read it 3 times at home.
- Please continue to practice the Phase 2 sounds with your children at home, along with the high frequency and tricky words.
- We write in precursive handwriting, the more practice the children get the better! (You can find the letters in their Home School Link book).
- Marvelous Me box- Children need to fill the box with their special things (they will share these with the class). Please return the box to school as soon as they have filled it.
- Billy the Bear- Please take pictures of some of the things Billy gets up to whilst he is with you. We suggest that the children keep him for around 1 week.