Welcome to Class RG!
This half term our topic is This Is Me and Nursery Rhymes.
We have had another extremely exciting week. We have done lots of phonics practice this week and have really impressed our teachers! We decorated and scooped out pumpkins, it was so messy! We have continued to learn about the numbers 1-10 ready to move onto addition after half term! We hope you enjoyed watching our performance of our Harvest song!
We hope you all have a lovely half term and enjoy a well deserved break!
We can see that the children are making great progress with their sounds. Please continue to do the reading activity sent home with them. In the reading record we would love to hear how they are getting on with their reading activity at home! Please remember to use videos at the the bottom of this page to help with pure sounds and blending. The children can also use these to learn from.
Each week we will carry out activities based around our topic in the following areas:
- The Prime Areas: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Physical Development
- The Specific Areas: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design
- We also have daily Phonics sessions.
Below are some examples of the activities the children will be doing this half term:
For your information:
- Please ensure ALL of your child’s clothes are labelled (including Forest School kit, PE kit and coats).
- PE day is Friday- please ensure PE kit is in school and hair is tied back.
- Children require a Wild Woods kit every Monday.
- Please ensure that you write in your child’s Reading Record book every time they read their book- we will change their book when they have read it at least 3 times at home.
- Please continue to practice the Phase 2 sounds with your child at home, along with the high frequency and tricky words. We are currently learning our Phase 2 sounds and tricky words- please begin to practice these too! The children love Mr Thorne on YouTube, he has videos on all of the Phase 2 and 3 sounds. There are also videos below to help children with phonics.
- We write in precursive handwriting, the more practice the children get the better! You can find the letters below: