Welcome to Class RG!
Links for home learning and how to support your child at home can be found on the Reception Curriculum page.
I hope you are all keeping well, please see below for an overview of the learning for Summer 2.
We are looking forward to seeing some of you in school this half-term :-).
This half term we will be learning about Dinosaurs.
Each week we will carry out activities based around our topic in the following areas:
- The Prime Areas: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Physical Development
- The Specific Areas: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design
- We also have daily Phonics sessions.
Below are some examples of the activities the children will be doing this half term:
Miss Goode Reads Stories
Chomp, Stomp, Big Roars
The Day the Crayons Came Home
The Day the Crayons Quit
For your information:
- PE day is Friday- please ensure PE kit is in school and hair is tied back.
- Children require a Wild Woods kit every Monday.
- Please ensure that you write in your child’s Home School Link book every time they read their book- we will change their book when they have read it at least 3 times at home.
- Please continue to practice the Phase 2 sounds with your children at home, along with the high frequency and tricky words. We are currently learning our Phase 3 sounds and tricky words- please begin to practice these too! The children love Mr Thorne on YouTube, he has videos on all of the Phase 2 and 3 sounds.
- We write in precursive handwriting, the more practice the children get the better! (You can find the letters in their Home School Link book).
- Marvellous Me box- Children need to fill the box with their special things (they will share these with the class). Please return the box to school as soon as they have filled it.
- Billy the Bear- Please take pictures of some of the things Billy gets up to whilst he is with you. We suggest that the children keep him for around 1 week.