The Sports Premium is provided by the government to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of all primary-aged pupils.
For our school this equates to £18,960.
We want all children to leave Our Lady of Mount Carmel First School with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to provide them with self-confidence, self-belief, leadership and teamwork skills that will last their lifetime.
To achieve long-term improvements in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools through:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please see the attached documents for a more detailed explanation of our expenditure and use of the Sports Premium and the impact it has had:
Sports Funding Impact Statement 2014-2015